- Beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin= high antioxidant and anti -cancer activity
- Zeaxanthin and Vitamin A= excellent for the eyes
- High Vitamin K= excellent for bone health as well as helping to prevent Alzheimer's
- High in Vitamin C=immune building
- High in Folates=oxygenates the blood thereby supercharging the metabolism
- Rich source of minerals necessary for all systems to run efficiently
First, I preheat my oven to 350˚ then I wash and dry the kale. Then I remove the heavy stalks by holding each leaf with stalk side up and run my finger and thumb down to the end. Next tear into bite size pieces as pictured below.
Place all the pieces of torn kale an baking sheets being careful not to overcrowd. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil all over the kale and sprinkle sea salt, garlic powder and nutritional yeast as well. Stir gently to mix and coat all of the kale pieces.
Place on middle rack of your oven and bake for 15 minutes. Check the kale to see if it's done you may have to gently stir the kale around to loosen the edges from the pan. Put back in the oven for 5 more minutes. After the five minutes of time shut the oven off and let the kale sit another 5 minutes in the oven. The kale chips are ready when they are crisp. Serve warm.
WARNING: These are highly addictive.....you may never steam kale again. By the way if your kids are not eating their greens they WILL LOVE these!!!!!! I know this for a fact.... as my son who is not fond of greens will absolutely devour these!!!!!