Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Resurfacing

Did you ever feel like you've just been awakened from a deep sleep but what
really is happening is you've been too busy for too long and not having the time to do what you REALLY want to do and all of a sudden you come up for a breather and whoosh.....a snippet of inspiration has come and you snatch it and run with it? Well that about sums this post up for me. It's been about a year and a half or more since I've written on this blog I've written many posts in my mind but never was able to get fingers to keyboard.....but here I am now feeling a whoosh of inspiration and I have some time on my hands so here goes.

I've been in a confusing, disorienting and somewhat unsettling developmental stage of my life, I'm going through a growth spurt and at the present moment I want to reinvent the whole of my life. I'm going to change that word from want to need.....This is absolutely necessary for me to move forward in my life. I need to redecorate every room in my house, I need to make some changes in my career, perhaps go back to school even if it is online. I am reevaluating my relationships and the way I react and communicate....I am changing from the inside out.....metamorphosizing...is that a word? This is very exciting to me as I look forward to my bright future and the new me. But what do I do with the time in between?

This is not a new feeling. If we are conscious and aware people we know when we need to make changes. It could be a lack of energy, aches and pains, physical ailments, anxiety, depression, weight gain or maybe you're irritable with your mate, your friends or your kids. You definitely know you must make some lifestyle changes you have inner and outer voices driving this, so what do you do in the present moment when you are still uncomfortable, unsettled, not there yet? This is the time to take action while learning patience. Small steps before big leaps.

After being at the home of a new friend recently, I got very inspired by the way she has her house decorated. She has beauty in every corner, fountains, huge plants, small plants placed in just the right pot and in just the right place. I stopped at Joanne Fabrics and found some beautiful silk flowers to use to decorate. I've always sort of poo-pooed fake flowers...but her use of them is truly inspiring.....so I got a beautiful bouquet of luscious reddish, pink roses which I set in a pretty vase and put them in my bathroom....WOW! Aren't they beautiful? The effect is spectacular and it makes me happy every time I look at them. This is a small step on my longer journey. I look forward to the next small step that affirms forward movement.....what small steps can you take to change your lifestyle and move in the direction of your dreams? Feel free to share your ideas in the comments below so we can all be re-inspired.

Have a beautiful day!

Love,

Lisa

Stay tuned for a new recipe.....my new favorite addiction.....
until the next post!

No comments: