Saturday, May 16, 2009

Let it Be


Lovely day .....the gentle breezes are blowing... the peonies are in bloom and there is a feeling inside of me that all is well with my world.  That is progress for me considering that just a few days ago I was so down that that didn't feel like a viable choice but today it does.  This journey through my dismal parts has been an important process of learning as it allows me to see how much I want to feel good in body mind and spirit.....and in my striving I'm given the opportunity to  examine the stories I tell myself daily....I find myself living in a box of who I think I am based on my past....and there are stories that I keep telling that simply aren't serving me.   So....I'm trying to look at this and tell myself new stories.


  
I've been extra tired lately.....I tell myself something is wrong that I'm so tired....I'm eating well, 
I'm exercising....I'm sleeping well....so why am I so tired?  Could it be my hormones yes for sure but not this tired..... so I fight with myself a little until I realize that I just need to rest....forget all the things I still haven't done and go rest.  This is important....just to give into the way I feel and go rest.   It's so easy to push past being tired until I'm an emotional basket case and unable to function at all.  The biggest lesson for me here is to just stop resisting not feeling well, resisting the sad parts, the scary parts, and use them as a springboard for growth.  Be sad, embrace it then move on after I've processed it.  The next part I struggle with is having patience to wait it out...and trust in the fact that the tide always turns...the more I fight this ultimately the longer it takes.




I think my inner ponderings speak to anyone who has set a goal and that goal may be taking more time to achieve than planned on....Why all the obstacles and twists and turns?  There is much to be learned along the way while changing habits......some of these negative habits we've been living with for many years...we've trained ourselves to think a certain way and act a certain way and more often than not things take time.  If you are truly committed to making change happen then rest assured that you're halfway there... become aware of why this change is important....what you'll gain from this change and then become aware of messages along the way that seem to trip you up or carry you forward....try something new....change things up....just don't give up....sometimes things just feel stagnant....and we lose patience...and give in but time is doing wonderful things all that we want is on its way to us...sometimes we just need to let go and not try so hard....awareness is a key to success.  Being aware of an old habit, a trigger, a conditioned response is necessary to make change.  For example, you may always turn to sweets and food when you're tired or upset....so becoming aware of this response may help you replace that habit with another healthier response.  It's not easy....it takes practice but any habit can be changed.


In summing all of this up....the three things I've been trying to remember when I hit a wall in my process of change are awareness, acceptance and patience.  This is age old wisdom that has been said many times before but somehow I seem to forget this and need to be reminded often.

The garden has been a great source of relaxation for me....The other day while weeding I came across my overgrown garlic chive bed....well there are just too many of these plants so I started to cut some back and since I had an overabundance I decided to use them up and made myself a chive omelette.  It came out so incredibly good I thought I'd share the recipe as well as some tips and facts about chives.



Chives are: 
  • Low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, and Sodium
  • High in Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, C, K, B6, Riboflavin, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium,Copper, Manganese, Thiamine, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Phosphorus, and Zinc
The  nutritional value and health benefits of chives makes them ideal for
  • Maintaining optimum health
  • Weight loss




Chive Omelette   (serves 1)
2 eggs, whisked
salt & pepper
olive oil
1 small bunch chives, I used garlic chives, but any chives will do

Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl.   Chop chives.  Prepare seasoned pan by turning on to medium low heat.  Drizzle olive oil in bottom of pan to coat.  Add chives to the pan and give a quick stir. Pour the egg mixture in pan count to ten then swirl pan around and push back the edges of cooked egg in typical omelette making fashion.   When egg has set, fold over, remove to plate and serve warm!



So from the cards on my desk and  in the words of Paul McCartney............
.Let it Be!

All my best,

Lisa
 

1 comment:

Paul Olko said...

Thanks for a great post and for sharing your thoughts.
And Congratulations on a great Blog!